*** 28 February 2017 - News & Members' Area pages updated ***
Welcome to the website of Croydon & Sutton CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. CAMRA is the pub-goers' champion, we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@rerusaert
CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. It aims to:
- Maintain consumer rights
- Promote quality, choice and value for money
- Support the public house as a focus of community life
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry
CAMRA also seeks to promote real cider and perry through a sub-organisation called APPLE. Like ale, these are traditional British drinks and like ale, the traditional product is very different from the dead version.
Follow croydonCAMRA on twitter or become a fan on Facebook C&S Facebook page
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Thursday 16th February, 13:10 : RT @TheGeorge50: MONDAY 20th. 7pm. Be there, drink #ale. #meetthebrewer #MTB @burningskybeer @CroydonCAMRA @selcamra @CAMRAswl pic.twitter.com/lYhlP5zevv
- Thursday 16th February, 18:25 : Burning Sky meet the brewer - The George, George Street, Croydon, Monday 20 Feb at 7pm.
- Sunday 1st January, 11:59 : Happy New Year! Please support your local pubs in January #tryanuary - please ignore #DryJanuary but of course do support the charities...
- Saturday 17th December, 13:06 : insidecroydon.com/2016/12/16/vic…
- Saturday 19th November, 13:36 : 2016 S Norwood Beer Festival cider of the festival: Double Vision Impaired Vision. Runners up Rosies Black Bart & Gwatkins Yarlington Mill
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Tuesday, 13:50 : RT @Adnams: A Hauntingly Good #pancake recipe from the @CrownSouthwold! Ghost Ship pancakes on sale today or create them at hom… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Tuesday, 13:15 : Apologies for the delay in online What's Brewing, now available: members.camra.org.uk/group/guest/wb… (login required)
- Tuesday, 10:23 : RT @DGAIcoinfo: See AIP comment - anti alcohol lobby ignores fact that underage and young adult consumption is already falling - no… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Tuesday, 10:23 : RT @Tribute_Ale: @Tribute_Ale & chickpea savoury #pancake. #PancakeDay #recipe #delicious! @StAustellBrew @CountyArms1… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Tuesday, 10:39 : Over 5000 people have lobbied the House of Lords and today is the day of the vote. Will you give us one last push? camra.org.uk/pubs-matter1