Croydon & Sutton Branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
*** 24 October 2017 - Branch Diary & News pages updated ***
Please go to the CAMRA national website (on Links page) for details of this campaign, and how you can e-mail your MP.
Welcome to the website of Croydon & Sutton CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. CAMRA is the pub-goers' champion, we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@rerusaert
CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. It aims to:
- Maintain consumer rights
- Promote quality, choice and value for money
- Support the public house as a focus of community life
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry
CAMRA also seeks to promote real cider and perry through a sub-organisation called APPLE. Like ale, these are traditional British drinks and like ale, the traditional product is very different from the dead version.
Follow croydonCAMRA on twitter or become a fan on Facebook C&S Facebook page
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Saturday, 12:25 : PLEASE NOTE: Corrected date for Carshalton 2-pub social: Wednesday 25 October (not Monday).
- Thursday, 18:56 : CAMRA's London Drinker magazine now available at @FloraP657
- Thursday 12th October, 21:42 : RT @pubcathope: Absolutely cracking night down the pub! A thousand thankyous to @DLBrewery for the glorious CAM-RAA, and of course… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Sunday 8th October, 09:49 : Next social - Lunchtime social at the Royal Standard @TRS_Croydon Thursday 12 October 1pm.
- Tuesday 19th September, 08:43 : Social tonight: 8:30pm, @TheCronxBar Units 3 & 4, Boxpark, 99 George Street, Croydon. A new Good Beer Guide entry!
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Tuesday, 12:15 : See our National Director Ben Wilkinson @oxdowngazette talking about the beer revolution on @5_News youtube.com/watch?v=DRQeRT…
- Tuesday, 11:11 : RT @GBBFWinter: Tickets are now on sale for #GBBFWinter! Find out more about the festival and get your tickets here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Tuesday, 09:56 : ICYMI: Ben Wilkinson from CAMRA appeared on @5_News last night to discuss the boom in UK breweries: youtu.be/DRQeRTC-4Q0
- Monday, 18:05 : There’s still time to visit a real cider pub near you to raise a glass to #CiderMonth. Find your local here: camra.org.uk/real-cider-pub… 🍎
- Monday, 09:52 : RT @PlunkettFoundat: The @GardenersComSoc set to become latest community-owned pub following £200,000 campaign! 👀🍻 plunkett.co.uk/news/historic-…