Croydon & Sutton Branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
Branch Diary page and Members' Area updated.
Welcome to the website of Croydon & Sutton CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. CAMRA is the pub-goers' champion, we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@rerusaert
CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. It aims to:
- Maintain consumer rights
- Promote quality, choice and value for money
- Support the public house as a focus of community life
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry
CAMRA also seeks to promote real cider and perry through a sub-organisation called APPLE. Like ale, these are traditional British drinks and like ale, the traditional product is very different from the dead version.
Follow croydonCAMRA on twitter or become a fan on Facebook C&S Facebook page
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Sunday 12th August, 11:46 : Reminder - 'Save the Glamorgan Pub' meeting on Wednesday 15 August, at 7pm, in Croydon Town Hall. All welcome.
- Friday 10th August, 10:36 : Today, Friday 10 Aug, from 6pm - East London Brewery meet the brewer at the Skylark, 34-36 South End, Croydon. Ple… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Monday 6th August, 10:37 : Next event: lunchtime social Thursday 9 August 1pm @TheOvalTavern 131 Oval Road, Croydon
- Saturday 4th August, 18:50 : Next Glamorgan Campaign meeting - Wed Aug 15th - 7pm - Croydon Town Hall Everybody welcome to attend, and hear the latest updates.
- Sunday 29th July, 10:56 : Next social: Tues 31 July - Addiscombe 2-pub social. 8:30pm, Cricketers, 47 Shirley Road, then (9:30pm) Claret &… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 12:55 : Visit orchards, spend time with experienced producers and learn how they make cider with the National Cider and Per… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday, 18:35 : The Good Beer Guide 2019 shop is now open! 📚 Pre-order your copy of the Good Beer Guide 2019 direct from CAMRA to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Wednesday, 18:05 : ICYMI: Last week CAMRA released its latest pub closure figures which revealed the huge obstacles facing pubs includ… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Sunday, 19:59 : RT @LongLiveLocals: Over 25,000 people have signed the petition to cut beer tax, but there’s so many more locals out there! Tag a frien… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Tuesday, 17:06 : We're drawing breath after a busy week at @gbbf. A huge, huge thank you to everyone who volunteered, visited and en… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…