Welcome to the Croydon & Sutton Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
Commenting on the upcoming announcement of tougher Tier restrictions in England from December 2nd Nik Antona, CAMRA National Chairman, said:
“Publicans across the country will be angry this morning, and they have every right to be. Once again, the hospitality sector is being singled out for further restrictions without evidence. This is a kick in the teeth to the vast majority of publicans who have invested money and time into making their premises COVID–secure, and for the consumers that were using pubs to socialise safely.
“CAMRA is particularly dismayed to see the extension of the ‘substantial meal’ requirement to pubs in Tier 2. Yet again, decision makers are punishing wet-led, community pubs. Publicans now face an excruciating wait for further details on which areas will sit in which Tier – and after that many will have to make agonising decisions about the future of their businesses.
“If the Government wishes to continue with these unfair and un-evidenced plans, it must announce a proper, sector-specific support package or we will see mass pub closures and mass job losses as communities lose their beloved locals forever.”
National lockdown in England started on 5 November - we want to help pubs, breweries & cider producers through this.
You can search for beer, cider & perry nearby available for delivery/collection using #Brew2You, and help support local businesses.
Learn more: https://brew2you.co.uk
Local pubs' and breweries' initiatives while lockdown continues: If anyone becomes aware of any changes / additions / deletions please advise us at ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
Please sign this petition https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/334066 (set up by Anspach and Hobday Brewery and supported by SIBA) relating to Small Brewers Relief changes. This is an important campaign to reverse the Government's proposal that Small Brewers Relief base threshold should not change from 5000hL.
Click here for the December 2020 - January 2021 edition of London Drinker.
Please note that, in line with government guidelines, all physical meetings and socials are cancelled for the time being. We are holding weekly socials each Thursday on Zoom - please see Branch Diary page for information.
Welcome to the website of Croydon & Sutton CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. CAMRA is the pub-goers' champion, we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. It aims to:
- Maintain consumer rights;
- Promote quality, choice and value for money;
- Support the public house as a focus of community life;
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture;
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry.
CAMRA also seeks to promote real cider and perry. Like ale, these are traditional British drinks and like ale, the traditional product is very different from the dead version.
Follow croydonCAMRA on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook C&S Facebook page (Facebook logon required).
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Wednesday, 14:05 : RT @CAMRA_London: Latest London Drinker available to read online or download at londondrinker.camra.org.uk. Thanks to @TheWilloughbyKT @DowntonBrewery @AudioZoneUK and Podge's Belgian Beer Tours for your support. Contact @LDAds to advertise in future editions. pic.twitter.com/SHEoONtu67
- Wednesday, 14:37 : RT @CampaignforPubs: Nearly 2000 signatures on the #SupportPubsNOW petition, pls RT to get it there! 🖊👏 We need an urgent package of support for #pubs & #publicans to avoid mass closures & help for #smallbrewers. If you care about pubs sign & share ⬇️ #SaveOurPubs change.org/p/uk-governmen…
- Wednesday, 10:01 : The Government has scapegoated pubs again and again, without evidence. Join the campaign to #SaveOurPubs at camra.e-activist.com/page/68352/act…
- Tuesday, 18:38 : Increased restrictions under the updated Tier system will see thousands of our locals close for good unnecessarily. Take action at camra.e-activist.com/page/68352/act… and #SaveOurPubs
- Tuesday, 13:24 : The latest changes to the Tier system in England have singled out pubs for additional restrictions yet again. Contact your MP at camra.e-activist.com/page/68352/act… and ask them to #SaveOurPubs
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 19:07 : RT @NeilBibby: Delighted @ScotParl has tonight voted overwhelmingly for the Tied Pubs Bill to pass Stage 1. Thanks to MSPs from all parties who want to give Scotland’s Tied Pubs a fairer deal. I look forward to working across parties to progress this vital legislation in the coming weeks. pic.twitter.com/7NYGkoMFIt
- Thursday, 19:01 : Gearing up for #BlackFriday? 🛍️ Order some local beer, cider or perry to get you through! Keep supporting your local pub or brewery using #Brew2You ➡️ brew2you.co.uk pic.twitter.com/cfVGupTMs4
- Thursday, 18:50 : MSPs in the Scottish Parliament have just voted in favour of the principles of @NeilBibby's Tied Pubs Bill - which gives tied tenants a fair deal & improves consumer choice at the bar. Thank you @jamiehepburn @scotgov @scottishlabour @scotlibdems @scotgp @theSNP & @ScotTories 🍻
- Thursday, 15:21 : Thank you to Charlotte Nichols for once again raising the issue of a lack of evidence to justify restrictions on pubs in Tier 2 areas ✊ twitter.com/charlotte2153/…
- Thursday, 15:03 : A big thank you from everyone at CAMRA to @jamiehepburn and @scotgov for listening to pub-goers, tied publicans & small breweries across Scotland and for backing @NeilBibby's Tied Pubs Bill ahead of the debate later this afternoon 🍻 heraldscotland.com/news/18898704.…
Webmaster: Steve Thompson ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew()