Welcome to the Croydon & Sutton Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
Click here for a list of pub gardens opening from 12 April 2021
A local brewer, Anspach & Hobday is featured in the latest CAMRA podcast: https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ed0cbc8e3ae160820cc9477
There has never been a more important time to send a clear message to politicians and the media that Pubs Matter. Please take this opportunity to make your voice heard. https://whypubsmatter.org.uk/about/
When pub gardens reopen on 12 April make your first drink a cask beer from a local independent brewery. You can only get cask beer in pubs, so now Cask is BACK, let’s back CASK. #CaskIsBack
You can search for beer, cider & perry nearby available for delivery/collection using #Brew2You, and help support local businesses.
Learn more: https://brew2you.co.uk
Click London Drinker magazine for the April-May 2021 edition of London Drinker.
Please note that, in line with government guidelines, all physical meetings and socials are cancelled for the time being. We are holding weekly socials each Thursday on Zoom - please see Branch Diary page for information.
Welcome to the website of Croydon & Sutton CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. CAMRA is the pub-goers' champion, we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. It aims to:
- Maintain consumer rights;
- Promote quality, choice and value for money;
- Support the public house as a focus of community life;
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture;
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry.
CAMRA also seeks to promote real cider and perry. Like ale, these are traditional British drinks and like ale, the traditional product is very different from the dead version.
Follow croydonCAMRA on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook C&S Facebook page (Facebook logon required).
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Sunday, 17:23 : Next event: Thursday 20 May at 8:30pm until 11pm, Online social to be held via Zoom. Go to croydon.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i… for the Zoom link. @CAMRAbromley @selcamra @CAMRAswl
- Sunday, 16:45 : If you’re looking forward to getting back down your local, show your support with this frame for your profile twibbon.com/support/back-t… #PubsMatter
- Wednesday 12 May, 09:22 : Featuring a local brewer. @AnspachHobday @ElliotColburn twitter.com/CAMRA_Official…
- Tuesday 11 May, 16:53 : RT @PubsAPPG: 15,000 people have taken part in the #PubsAPPG Inquiry on pubs and the pandemic, and you have until May 21 to have your say as well. Read the full press release on our website at apppg.camra.org.uk/resources/ pic.twitter.com/cQr7gZ3AT4
- Sunday 9 May, 20:58 : Next event: Thursday 13 May at 8:30 - Online open committee mtg & social to be held via Zoom. **Please note that the meeting may start late, as there is a Save the Glamorgan meeting immediately before. Go to croydon.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i… for the Zoom link Meeting ID: 835 8303 8384
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 15:48 : In response to the easing of restrictions for pubs across England, Scotland and Wales today, please find the attached comment from CAMRA National Chairman Nik Antona. pic.twitter.com/pQ3fl0JOfl
- Monday, 13:25 : Congratulations to the Portsmouth Arms, Basingstoke and the @HorseJockeyMel, Melling for being named joint winners of the Community Pub Heroes Awards, organised by @pubaid and the APPBG 🏆 Thank you to @Bill_Esterson, MP for Sefton Central, for nominating the Horse & Jockey!
- Monday, 09:42 : MEDIA REQUEST 🚨 A newspaper are looking for a pub landlord who opened their pub at midnight (including indoors) to write a short piece about how it went, and how they feel about moving forward under the current and restrictions. To get involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org pic.twitter.com/irCs83ir1V
- Sunday, 16:00 : It’s Cider Month, and CAMRA members can enjoy 10% off a case of Exmoor Cider from Exmoor Ales, as part of their exclusive member benefits! Find out more 👉ow.ly/DRPr50EMKwv pic.twitter.com/F6Xewm96G1
- Saturday, 18:00 : What makes cider and perry real, and why does CAMRA campaign to promote it? 🍎🍐 If you're a CAMRA member you can join a chat with our Cider Definition Review Group at 6.30pm on May 19 to learn more! #CiderMonth ow.ly/7DFz50EMKsk pic.twitter.com/0uCLtPeAMR
Webmaster: Steve Thompson ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew()