Welcome to the Croydon & Sutton Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
There has never been a more important time to send a clear message to politicians and the media that Pubs Matter. Please take this opportunity to make your voice heard. https://whypubsmatter.org.uk/about/
Commenting on the announcement of tougher Tier restrictions in England from December 2nd Nik Antona, CAMRA National Chairman, said:
“Publicans across the country will be angry this morning, and they have every right to be. Once again, the hospitality sector is being singled out for further restrictions without evidence. This is a kick in the teeth to the vast majority of publicans who have invested money and time into making their premises COVID–secure, and for the consumers that were using pubs to socialise safely.
“CAMRA is particularly dismayed to see the extension of the ‘substantial meal’ requirement to pubs in Tier 2. Yet again, decision makers are punishing wet-led, community pubs. Publicans now face an excruciating wait for further details on which areas will sit in which Tier – and after that many will have to make agonising decisions about the future of their businesses.
“If the Government wishes to continue with these unfair and un-evidenced plans, it must announce a proper, sector-specific support package or we will see mass pub closures and mass job losses as communities lose their beloved locals forever.”
England is in national lockdown from 4 January 2021 - we want to help pubs, breweries & cider producers through this.
You can search for beer, cider & perry nearby available for delivery/collection using #Brew2You, and help support local businesses.
Learn more: https://brew2you.co.uk
Please sign this petition https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/334066 (set up by Anspach and Hobday Brewery and supported by SIBA) relating to Small Brewers Relief changes. This is an important campaign to reverse the Government's proposal that Small Brewers Relief base threshold should not change from 5000hL.
Click here for the February-March 2021 edition of London Drinker.
Please note that, in line with government guidelines, all physical meetings and socials are cancelled for the time being. We are holding weekly socials each Thursday on Zoom - please see Branch Diary page for information.
Welcome to the website of Croydon & Sutton CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. CAMRA is the pub-goers' champion, we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. It aims to:
- Maintain consumer rights;
- Promote quality, choice and value for money;
- Support the public house as a focus of community life;
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture;
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry.
CAMRA also seeks to promote real cider and perry. Like ale, these are traditional British drinks and like ale, the traditional product is very different from the dead version.
Follow croydonCAMRA on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook C&S Facebook page (Facebook logon required).
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Sunday, 18:16 : Next event: Thursday 4 March at 8:30pm to 11pm - Online social on Zoom. Go to croydon.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i… for the link.
- Sunday, 12:17 : RT @CAMRA_Official: All those jobs matter! Before the COVID pandemic, the beer and pub sector was paying £11.1 BILLION in wages every year. #PubsMatter /19 pic.twitter.com/0Ph2dJJO3D
- Sunday, 12:19 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Reason number 18 why #PubsMatter – they will be part of the nation’s social recovery from the pandemic, providing a community space to #SocialiseSafely – which is why they need support in the Budget. /20 pic.twitter.com/rqritVENEK
- Sunday, 11:53 : Tweet the Chancellor (@RishiSunak) and tell him why Pubs Matter. Also please post your messages why #PubsMatter to you. pic.twitter.com/XV4G2ox18C
- Thursday, 10:50 : Reminder: Online social tonight at 8:30pm to 11pm. Go to croydon.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i… for Zoom link.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 19:00 : Charles at @whitehartlydgte has been nominated for a Community Pub Hero Award by @Debbie_abrahams. Congrats! #PubsMatter #CommunityPubHeroes
- Sunday, 18:30 : Sean at @QueensHeadPinn has been nominated for a Community Pub Hero Award by @DSimmonds_RNP. Great job! #PubsMatter #CommunityPubHeroes
- Sunday, 12:20 : RT @bantam79: @RishiSunak #PubsMatter because they are vital social hubs, encourage responsible drinking, and directly and indirectly employ six million people in this country. Please save our pubs.
- Sunday, 12:26 : RT @sylvanus_angus: Hey @RishiSunak - millions of people work in the pub and beer industry. After 12 months of their workplaces being devastated, they need your support. #PubsMatter @chrisloder are you with us? pic.twitter.com/dxDSjt7DIq
- Sunday, 12:29 : RT @GrahamMoore18: Pubs are essential community hubs @RishiSunak #PubsMatter
Webmaster: Steve Thompson ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew()