Welcome to the Croydon & Sutton Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
Click here for London Drinker magazine.
You are invited to take part in our Pub Picture Quiz. Please send your answers to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@sbup by Wednesday 10 June. The winner will be drawn at our on-line social in the Red OnLion on 11 June. One entry per person; the entries with the most correct answers will go into the draw. The prize will be two pints (or equivalent) in a pub of your choice at a Branch social after pubs have reopened. The personal details you provide will be used for the draw only and will not be retained after the draw is over without your specific consent.
We regret to announce that following government guidelines, all physical meetings and socials are cancelled for the time being. Please continue to watch this space for further updates.
***Please go to News page for details of CAMRA's new "Pulling Together" campaign.***
Local pubs' and breweries' initiatives while lockdown continues:
Welcome to the website of Croydon & Sutton CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. CAMRA is the pub-goers' champion, we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. It aims to:
- Maintain consumer rights;
- Promote quality, choice and value for money;
- Support the public house as a focus of community life;
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture;
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry.
CAMRA also seeks to promote real cider and perry. Like ale, these are traditional British drinks and like ale, the traditional product is very different from the dead version.
Follow croydonCAMRA on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook C&S Facebook page (Facebook logon required).
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Monday, 12:04 : On-line social tomorrow, 2 June at 8:30pm at the Red OnLion. Log in using the black CAMRA member login button; table code is CRO-CAM. All welcome. pic.twitter.com/qDExV8J7KK
- Saturday, 12:59 : One of Croydon's lost pubs pictured in the article.londondrinker.camra.org.uk/wordpress/inde…
- Wednesday 27 May, 20:46 : CAMRA social now happening at The Red (On)Lion Bar (Log on using CAMRA member login button, table code is CRO-CAM) theredonlion.co.uk/bar
- Tuesday 26 May, 18:13 : Tomorrow 27 May 8:30pm: Online social at the Red OnLion theredonlion.co.uk Log in using the black CAMRA member login button. Table code: CRO-CAM
- Sunday 24 May, 12:59 : bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00… Food programme about the drinks industry.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Tuesday, 09:47 : RT @ChilternBrewery: We can't wait for our @CAMRA_Official Red (On)Lion tasting session with @RogerProtzBeer this evening 😃 If you can Collect from The Drive-Thru Brewery Shop today, then we have a few tasting cases still available 👇 chilternbrewery.co.uk/shop/roger-pro… Cheers! 🍻 pic.twitter.com/CNwjcgTaKm
- Tuesday, 16:26 : RT @wilesaboutbeer: Learn all about the art of #homebrewing with our latest #podcast featuring @HomeBrewtique and @tabamatu @CAMRA_Official podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/pub…
- Tuesday, 10:24 : Join us on our #podcast Pubs. Pints. People. as we discuss homebrewing - our new favourite pastime in lockdown! We're joined by Claire Russell, founder of @HomeBrewtique and Andy Parker of @ElusiveBrew - plus an exciting competition 🍻 Listen here 👉 ow.ly/FNUF50zWrfe pic.twitter.com/8EzADl1hJl
- Monday, 14:00 : Beer sommelier Jane Peyton is coming to the Red (On)Lion for a beer tasting to mark @BeerDayBritain, 15 June! Learn about how Britain took love of beer to the New World & had more influence on global ale brewing than any other brewing nation. Learn more👉ow.ly/GqcO50zVr3u pic.twitter.com/a8lRuOT668
- Monday, 12:35 : RT @Pieandapint: Cheers @CAMRA_Official pic.twitter.com/SY0ihVT6kL
Webmaster: Steve Thompson ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew()