Welcome to the Croydon & Sutton Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
We need your beer scores!
Please help us create a long list for the next Good Beer Guide by scoring the beers that you drink. http://www.camra.org.uk/nbss
Croydon & Sutton branch members - please submit your Pub of the Year suggestions (up to 3 pubs in each borough) to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@ytop The more submissions we receive, the more representative they are. Deadline 8 December 2019.
For the General Election, CAMRA is calling on candidates to sign up to our Pledge for Pubs. Click this link to email your local candidates. https://www.camra.org.uk/pubs/pledge-for-pubs/
- The 4th South Norwood beer festival will take place on Thursday - Saturday 6-8 February 2020. Please see the Beer Festival page for further information. We welcome CAMRA members as volunteers at our festival - the staffing form is available on the beer festival page.
- Branch Diary has been updated with December & January events.
Welcome to the website of Croydon & Sutton CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. CAMRA is the pub-goers' champion, we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. It aims to:Maintain consumer rights; Promote quality, choice and value for money; Support the public house as a focus of community life; Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture; Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry.
CAMRA also seeks to promote real cider and perry. Like ale, these are traditional British drinks and like ale, the traditional product is very different from the dead version.
Follow croydonCAMRA on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook C&S Facebook page (Facebook logon required).
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Friday, 12:22 : Last call: Croydon & Sutton branch members - please submit your Pub of the Year suggestions (up to 3 pubs in each borough) to firstname.lastname@example.org The more submissions we receive, the more representative they are. Deadline 8 December 2019.
- Saturday 30 November, 22:08 : Monday 2 December, 7pm: Save the Glamorgan Pub social at the Oval, 131 Oval Road, Croydon. All welcome. #savetheglam
- Thursday 28 November, 07:46 : Croydon & Sutton branch members - please submit your Pub of the Year suggestions (up to 3 pubs in each borough) to email@example.com The more submissions we receive, the more representative they are. Deadline 8 December 2019.
- Wednesday 27 November, 17:02 : Tomorrow 28/11/19 8:30pm: London Drinker pick-up at the Hope, Carshalton. For those who are willing to distribute London Drinker magazines to local pubs in our branch area. We are always looking for more volunteers to help with this task, but all are welcome without obligation.
- Saturday 23 November, 21:47 : We will be starting our Good Beer Guide selection in January. Please help to create a longlist for Croydon & Sutton by submitting your beer scores (CAMRA logon required). More details here: camra.org.uk/beer/learn-mor…
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 12:01 : Are you a keen musician? Don't forget to enter our podcast jingle competition! 🎵 We're looking for a jingle to feature in an upcoming podcast. Send your jingles to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16 Dec for a chance to win! Full T&Cs 👉 ow.ly/Qoal50xl9Zk pic.twitter.com/eOhTOvRLwl
- Friday, 17:02 : #Christmas is creeping up... are you ready for a festive #FunFactFriday ? ❄️🎅 Join CAMRA today 👉 ow.ly/JLDA50rrTZy pic.twitter.com/fZ2EOi3SnA
- Friday, 14:00 : Did you know that @BanninghamCrown in Norfolk runs a Friday Lunch Club every month? It's a great opportunity for people in the local community to get out, meet others and make friends! Today they will be hosting their annual Christmas - we wish them a cracking time! 🎅🎄🎁❄️
- Thursday, 16:45 : Licensees! We're highlighting the important roles that pubs play in ending loneliness. Do you run any activities or events ar your pub to help people socialise + make new friends? Email email@example.com or comment 👇 Read about our campaign ➡️ camra.org.uk/loneliness/
- Thursday, 12:30 : Did you see our competition announcement on Monday? 🎵 We're after a jingle to feature in an upcoming podcast! Are you a keen musician? Send your jingles to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16 Dec for a chance to win! Full T&Cs 👉 camra.org.uk/competition-te… pic.twitter.com/TlBetkRmp9
Webmaster: Steve Thompson ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew()