Croydon & Sutton Branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
- Branch diary page updated. Please note that the festival staffing form is now available on the Beer Festival page.
Welcome to the website of Croydon & Sutton CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. CAMRA is the pub-goers' champion, we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@rerusaert
CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. It aims to:
- Maintain consumer rights
- Promote quality, choice and value for money
- Support the public house as a focus of community life
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry
CAMRA also seeks to promote real cider and perry through a sub-organisation called APPLE. Like ale, these are traditional British drinks and like ale, the traditional product is very different from the dead version.
Follow croydonCAMRA on twitter or become a fan on Facebook C&S Facebook page
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Tuesday, 20:30 : Don’t forget: South Norwood Beer festival, 8-10 February at Stanley Halls, South Norwood Hill. croydon.camra.org.uk
- Sunday 14th January, 10:15 : RT @Tryanuary: I know our volunteers tweeted this picture yesterday, but here it is again. This is a great symbol of the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Sunday 14th January, 12:04 : CAMRA members - when visiting Croydon & Sutton pubs (and elsewhere of course!) please remember to submit beer score… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Friday 12th January, 09:27 : Branch meeting next Tuesday 16 Jan 8:30pm @dogandbullCR0.
- Tuesday 9th January, 19:49 : South Norwood beer festival, Stanley Halls Feb 8-10. All welcome. Volunteers needed, CAMRA members please go to croydon.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i…
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 11:30 : The Good Beer Guide is completely independent with listings based entirely on nomination and evaluation by CAMRA me… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Friday, 17:20 : We're logging out for the weekend - we'll pick up any questions or queries when we're back in the office on Monday!
- Friday, 12:05 : The Exeter Festival of Winter Ales starts today at Exeter City FC. Take a peer at the beer and cider list here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Thursday, 09:57 : RT @morningad: Tracey Crouch MP has been appointed as the Government's minister for loneliness - comment from @CAMRA_Official… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday, 13:35 : The @cambeerfest starts today and runs until Saturday. The festival aims to have an emphasis on the darker, riche… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…