Welcome to the Croydon & Sutton Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
How good was that beer?
We can all usually tell a good beer from a bad one, but only a few members tell CAMRA what they think. That's a shame, because we need to know, and use the information to help choose which pubs go into the Good Beer Guide each year. It's a lot easier than you think to 'score' a beer and we'd love it if you would help by recording your scores. You don't need any particular expertise, so why not give it a go, next time you have some cask ale? More information is available on this page: Beer Scoring Scheme
Help keep WhatPub? up to date: When visiting pubs, please continue to let us know any relevant updates, changes and information by using the feedback form on the pub's page on https://whatpub.com/
Click London Drinker June-July 2022 for the June-July 2022 edition of London Drinker. Printed copies are being distributed to pubs over the next week or so.
Click London Drinker outlet list for a list of Croydon & Sutton pubs where you should be able to find London Drinker magazines. Please note the disclaimer at the top of the list.
Congratulations to our 2022 Pubs of the Year: Croydon: The Claret & Ale, Addiscombe and Sutton; The Hope, Carshalton. The presentation to the Hope was on 26 May. Our branch Chair presented the certificate to the Hope's representative, Dominic Hemy.
The presentation to the Claret & Ale took place on Thursday 9 June - Dave Lands our branch chair presented the certificate to the Claret's owner, Charlie Read.
Go to the Members' Area page (CAMRA login required) for a list of pubs which offer a CAMRA discount.
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
Social media: Twitter: croydonCAMRA ; Facebook C&S Facebook page (Facebook logon required). Instagram: croydoncamra
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Wednesday 29 June, 12:21 : RT @LDAds: The August/September issue of London Drinker Magazine is being prepared now. If you have an event planned why not advertise to our readers? More than 40,000 copies are distributed to 1200 London pubs and clubs and extra at the #GBBF. Get in touch anytime.Deadline July 8th.#CAMRA pic.twitter.com/Lb9IaTUoxX
- Sunday, 10:32 : Next event: Saturday 9 July 12 noon: Crystal Palace Triangle multi-pub social, in conjunction with Bromley branch. (12 noon) Douglas Fir, 144 Anerley Rd, Anerley (1.10pm) Alma, 95 Church Rd, Crystal Palace (1.50pm) White Hart, 96 Church Rd, Upper Norwood 1/2
- Thursday 30 June, 13:23 : RT @CAMRA_Official: 🍺 Alun Cairns MP (@AlunCairns) has secured a parliamentary debate on the Alcohol Duty Review next week, we'll be sending briefings to MPs, but tag yours below to let them know that you want them to attend and speak up for brewers, cider makers and licensees. pic.twitter.com/wCiq0UYc5P
- Sunday 26 June, 17:57 : Next event: Tuesday 28 June from 8:30pm: Social at the Cricketers, 47 Shirley Road, Addiscombe, CR0 7ER pic.twitter.com/C4ZDaYhawv
- Sunday 19 June, 17:32 : Next event: Thursday 23 June at 1pm: Lunchtime social at the Shinner & Sudtone, 67 High Street, Sutton, SM1 1DT pic.twitter.com/vJK2BkcU5K
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Tuesday, 17:00 : 🎬 Watch a fantastic video of the authors of #CAMRA's latest book, World’s Greatest Beers, giving insight to their interesting beer choices & what makes the new title such a good read. 📖 📽️ View the film here: ow.ly/rN7I50JOJqf 📚 Pre-order now: ow.ly/QcJY50JOJqg pic.twitter.com/wDWn5pcoUo
- Tuesday, 08:45 : RT @WBOnline_: Natural Selection back with Buck Wild wb.camra.org.uk/2022/07/02/nat…
- Monday, 19:00 : 🍺 Celebrate Independence Day with an American brew! Lotte Peplow (@LottePeplow), one of the authors of the new World's Greatest Beers book, has compiled a beer list to get you started: ow.ly/RtzS50JO0Ip 📚 Pre-order the book here: ow.ly/I73o50JO0Is 📷 @totalcurtis pic.twitter.com/n9yYMMtKpI
- Monday, 16:03 : RT @LottePeplow: Super-honoured and humbled to co-author @CAMRA_Official ‘s new book ‘World’s Greatest Beers’. So privileged to be among award-winning, iconic writers. Here’s a peak at some of my American craft beer choices (on Independence Day, no less!) 🇺🇸🍺 beerguild.co.uk/news/american-…
- Monday, 13:13 : RT @WBOnline_: Celebrate Independence Day with American craft beer wb.camra.org.uk/2022/07/02/cel…
Webmaster: Steve Thompson ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew))