Welcome to the Croydon & Sutton Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
Click this link to see details of pubs reopening from 4 July: Post-lockdown reopening
Click here for London Drinker magazine.
Please note that, in line with government guidelines, all physical meetings and socials are cancelled for the time being. We are holding weekly socials on Zoom - please see Branch Diary page for information.
Local pubs' and breweries' initiatives while lockdown continues: If anyone becomes aware of any changes / additions / deletions please advise us at ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
Welcome to the website of Croydon & Sutton CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. CAMRA is the pub-goers' champion, we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. It aims to:
- Maintain consumer rights;
- Promote quality, choice and value for money;
- Support the public house as a focus of community life;
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture;
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry.
CAMRA also seeks to promote real cider and perry. Like ale, these are traditional British drinks and like ale, the traditional product is very different from the dead version.
Follow croydonCAMRA on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook C&S Facebook page (Facebook logon required).
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Thursday, 15:56 : Tonight at 8:30pm: Online social to be held via Zoom. All welcome. Zoom link: us02web.zoom.us/j/83583038384 Meeting ID: 835 8303 8384 You will be admitted to a waiting room from where the host will let you in.
- Thursday, 12:39 : Cask Ale Week starts today. Please support our local cask pubs if you are in a position to do so. pic.twitter.com/K12x43IY2B
- Sunday 20 September, 20:35 : Next event: Thurs 24 Sept 8:30pm: Online social to be held via Zoom. All welcome. Zoom link: us02web.zoom.us/j/83583038384 Meeting ID: 835 8303 8384 You will be admitted to a waiting room from where the host will let you in.
- Thursday 17 September, 12:05 : Tonight's event at 8:30pm: Online social to be held via Zoom. All welcome. Zoom link: us02web.zoom.us/j/83583038384 Meeting ID: 835 8303 8384 You will be admitted to a waiting room from where the host will let you in.
- Friday 11 September, 20:38 : Next batch of events, all at 8:30pm on Zoom Thurs 17 Sept - social Thurs 24 Sept - social Thurs 1 Oct - social Thurs 8 Oct - open committee meeting Zoom link: us02web.zoom.us/j/83583038384 Meeting ID: 835 8303 8384 You will enter a waiting room from where the host will admit you.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 13:07 : Commenting on today's announcement from the Chancellor of a new economy plan and Job Support Scheme, please find attached a comment from CAMRA’s National Chairman Nik Antona. Read it on our website ➡️ ow.ly/PjY950BzZVA pic.twitter.com/lJeuZNcaBj
- Thursday, 12:00 : Happy @caskaleweek 2020🍻 @SSMCAMRA are celebrating their annual #StockportBeerWeek a bit differently this year - using social media & their website, there will be fun competitions enticing people to visit pubs, sample cask ales & win prizes. Learn more👉 ssmcamra.co.uk/beerweek.htm pic.twitter.com/bbk7u90gmm
- Thursday, 08:00 : RT @caskaleweek: IT'S CASK ALE WEEK! 🍻 Here's to a great 11-day 'Week'. Support your local #pubs and #breweries in these challenging times!🍻 caskaleweek.co.uk #CaskAleWeek #FreshPubBeer pic.twitter.com/albsguc49S
- Thursday, 09:30 : RT @RogerProtzBeer: It's Cask Ale Week -- go and support your pub! protzonbeer.co.uk/news/2020/09/2… @caskmarque @caskaleweek @CAMRA_Official @SIBA01 pic.twitter.com/uLXrZB7b1a
- Thursday, 09:08 : Thank you @tobyperkinsmp for organising and to @scullyp for answering questions - really important that pubs get support after this week's new restrictions, and that the Govt reassures people that pubs are a safe place to visit and socialise if everyone follows the rules. twitter.com/tobyperkinsmp/…
Webmaster: Steve Thompson ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew()