Welcome to the Croydon & Sutton Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
Action required please! The Glamorgan (Cherry Orchard Road) planning application (Demolition of the existing public house building and the construction of a new building to re-provide a public house together with the erection of 36 residential units (Use Class C3) and associated means of access and landscaping) is now open for comments. Please object, you can submit your comments by going to https://publicaccess3.croydon.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?previousCaseType=Property&keyVal=Q2NYFKJLL5W00&previousCaseNumber=MX6EXU00DT037&previousCaseUprn=100020589695&activeTab=summary&previousKeyVal=MX6EXU00DT038
Click this link to see details of pubs reopening from 4 July: Post-lockdown reopening
Please sign this petition https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/334066 (set up by Anspach and Hobday Brewery and supported by SIBA) relating to Small Brewers Relief changes. This is an important campaign to reverse the Government's proposal that Small Brewers Relief base threshold should not change from 5000hL.
Click here for the October - November 2020 edition of London Drinker.
Please note that, in line with government guidelines, all physical meetings and socials are cancelled for the time being. We are holding weekly socials on Zoom - please see Branch Diary page for information.
Local pubs' and breweries' initiatives while lockdown continues: If anyone becomes aware of any changes / additions / deletions please advise us at ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
Welcome to the website of Croydon & Sutton CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. CAMRA is the pub-goers' champion, we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. It aims to:
- Maintain consumer rights;
- Promote quality, choice and value for money;
- Support the public house as a focus of community life;
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture;
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry.
CAMRA also seeks to promote real cider and perry. Like ale, these are traditional British drinks and like ale, the traditional product is very different from the dead version.
Follow croydonCAMRA on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook C&S Facebook page (Facebook logon required).
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Thursday, 21:58 : Please add your objection to the planning application twitter.com/InsideCroydon/…
- Thursday, 10:00 : RT @CAMRA_Official: The Good Beer Guide 2021 is now available from the CAMRA shop. There is also an updated app version available for download on both iOS and Android device! 👇 shop1.camra.org.uk/product/the-go…
- Thursday, 09:59 : RT @CAMRA_Official: The #GoodBeerGuide 2021, with foreword by @ChefTomKerridge, hits shelves today, warning Brits of the devastating impact of COVID-19 on our pub culture & highlighting the first decline in the number of independent UK breweries in over a decade. Read more👉 ow.ly/1OGk50C5QUn pic.twitter.com/QiAUcMpDhE
- Tuesday, 16:34 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Media request! 🚨 Have you winter-proofed your beer garden? A freelance journalist is looking for pubs that have made their outdoor space more winter-friendly in light of new restrictions. Interested in taking part? Contact Claire at 👉 email@example.com pic.twitter.com/wA3hNnmmWb
- Tuesday, 12:58 : Action required please! The Glamorgan (Cherry Orchard Road) planning application is now open for comments. Please object to the application and submit your comments by going to publicaccess3.croydon.gov.uk/online-applica…
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 15:22 : RT @Jolly_Judge: Delighted to be included in the @CAMRA_Official 2021 Good Beer Guide! Thanks @CAMRA_Edinburgh! We might not open as normal but we do have @CromartyBrewing - Happy Chappy available for off-sale today, along with ciders from @RossCider, @halletscider & @oliverscider pic.twitter.com/TB2rJ13Ebi
- Thursday, 17:14 : Have you tuned in to our latest #podcast episode? Look back to 1987 with us, and learn about these Breweries of Great Britain & Ireland. Click the link below, and make sure you're following @PubsPintsPeople for the latest podcast news! 🎧 twitter.com/PubsPintsPeopl…
- Thursday, 16:08 : RT @drinksmaven: The @CAMRA_Official Good Beer Guide 2021 launched today. Featuring @ChefTomKerridge @zythophiliac @RogerProtzBeer & me, @drinksmaven, (also featuring over 4,500 of the UK’s best pubs; over 1,800 breweries & over 7,500 beers). #beer #pubs #supportyourlocal pic.twitter.com/QUwrOVy0K2
- Thursday, 16:31 : RT @JournoBecky: The latest @CAMRA_Official Good Beer Guide is out today #beer #Leicestershire #GoodBeerGuide leicestermercury.co.uk/whats-on/whats…
- Thursday, 16:40 : RT @WhiteHorseDover: Lovely to be featured alongside one of our favourite #Dover pubs, @TheLouisDover. Thank you @CAMRA_Official for featuring us. @selcamra @DDSCAMRA Kent's best pubs revealed kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/kent…
Webmaster: Steve Thompson ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew()