Welcome to the Croydon & Sutton Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
There has never been a more important time to send a clear message to politicians and the media that Pubs Matter. Please take this opportunity to make your voice heard. https://whypubsmatter.org.uk/about/
Commenting on the announcement of tougher Tier restrictions in England from December 2nd Nik Antona, CAMRA National Chairman, said:
“Publicans across the country will be angry this morning, and they have every right to be. Once again, the hospitality sector is being singled out for further restrictions without evidence. This is a kick in the teeth to the vast majority of publicans who have invested money and time into making their premises COVID–secure, and for the consumers that were using pubs to socialise safely.
“CAMRA is particularly dismayed to see the extension of the ‘substantial meal’ requirement to pubs in Tier 2. Yet again, decision makers are punishing wet-led, community pubs. Publicans now face an excruciating wait for further details on which areas will sit in which Tier – and after that many will have to make agonising decisions about the future of their businesses.
“If the Government wishes to continue with these unfair and un-evidenced plans, it must announce a proper, sector-specific support package or we will see mass pub closures and mass job losses as communities lose their beloved locals forever.”
England is in national lockdown from 4 January 2021 - we want to help pubs, breweries & cider producers through this.
You can search for beer, cider & perry nearby available for delivery/collection using #Brew2You, and help support local businesses.
Learn more: https://brew2you.co.uk
Please sign this petition https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/334066 (set up by Anspach and Hobday Brewery and supported by SIBA) relating to Small Brewers Relief changes. This is an important campaign to reverse the Government's proposal that Small Brewers Relief base threshold should not change from 5000hL.
Click here for the December 2020 - January 2021 edition of London Drinker.
Please note that, in line with government guidelines, all physical meetings and socials are cancelled for the time being. We are holding weekly socials each Thursday on Zoom - please see Branch Diary page for information.
Welcome to the website of Croydon & Sutton CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. CAMRA is the pub-goers' champion, we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. It aims to:
- Maintain consumer rights;
- Promote quality, choice and value for money;
- Support the public house as a focus of community life;
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture;
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry.
CAMRA also seeks to promote real cider and perry. Like ale, these are traditional British drinks and like ale, the traditional product is very different from the dead version.
Follow croydonCAMRA on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook C&S Facebook page (Facebook logon required).
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Monday, 10:21 : RT @PeteBrownBeer: ICYMI over the weekend - here's my piece on the future of pubs from Saturday's @guardian theguardian.com/commentisfree/… and here's the link to the @guardian asking pubs for their own stories - if you're hurting, they're listening! theguardian.com/business/2021/…
- Sunday, 18:01 : Next event: Thursday 28 January 8:30pm - 11pm - Online social on Zoom. Go to croydon.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i… for the Zoom link. @selcamra @CAMRAbromley @CAMRAswl
- Thursday 21 January, 16:34 : Reminder - online social tonight at 8:30pm until 11:15pm. Go to croydon.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i… for Zoom link.
- Sunday 17 January, 11:47 : Next event: Online social - Thursday 21 January at 8:30pm until 11pm. Go to croydon.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i… for Zoom link. @CAMRAbromley @selcamra @CAMRAswl
- Thursday 14 January, 13:07 : Reminder - open committee meeting tonight at 8:30pm. Go to croydon.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i… for Zoom link.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday, 11:53 : Commenting on the Financial Secretary to the Treasury Jesse Norman MP’s comments yesterday that the Government have no plans to extend the reduction in VAT beyond 31 March, please find a statement from our Chairman Nik Antona. Read it on our website 👉 ow.ly/GxW950Djw01 pic.twitter.com/rAJ8hPCGAn
- Tuesday, 13:46 : Congratulations to The White Hart Community Inn Ltd @WhiteHartComInn in #Pembrokeshire, who have just bought their local #pub! 🍻 Read about how they did it & find out what you can do to help on their website 👉 whci.cymru pic.twitter.com/sthICjOMh9
- Sunday, 11:00 : The deadline for National Executive nominations is 28 Jan - don't miss out! 💫 Make a real difference to the campaign 💫 Help create the future CAMRA you'd like to see & gain professional experience 💫 Help us represent our 180,000 members Learn more 👉 ow.ly/pB0350DfojN pic.twitter.com/zLlcM7LKRn
- Saturday, 13:00 : Help support your local! Order beer directly from your local brewery with #Brew2You 🍻 Download the app, or visit our website ➡️ brew2you.co.uk pic.twitter.com/giTsDTl84S
- Friday 22 January, 19:00 : It's been a while since we've shared a #FunFactFriday - what do you make of this one? 🍻 This hymn was called the Hymn to Ninkasi (who was the goddess of beer) and is over 3,900 years old! Learn more about joining CAMRA 👉 join.camra.org.uk pic.twitter.com/eayKldySPF
Webmaster: Steve Thompson ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew()