Welcome to the Croydon & Sutton Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
Click this link to see details of pubs reopening from 4 July: Post-lockdown reopening
Click here for London Drinker magazine.
Please note that, in line with government guidelines, all physical meetings and socials are cancelled for the time being. Please continue to watch this space for further updates.
Local pubs' and breweries' initiatives while lockdown continues: If anyone becomes aware of any changes / additions / deletions please advise us at ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
Welcome to the website of Croydon & Sutton CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. CAMRA is the pub-goers' champion, we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. It aims to:
- Maintain consumer rights;
- Promote quality, choice and value for money;
- Support the public house as a focus of community life;
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture;
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry.
CAMRA also seeks to promote real cider and perry. Like ale, these are traditional British drinks and like ale, the traditional product is very different from the dead version.
Follow croydonCAMRA on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook C&S Facebook page (Facebook logon required).
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Tuesday 4 August, 10:22 : Next on-line social Thursday 6 August at 8:30pm on Zoom. Zoom link: us02web.zoom.us/j/83583038384 Meeting ID: 835 8303 8384 All welcome. You will be admitted to a waiting room from where the host will let you in.
- Thursday 30 July, 23:33 : Next online socials to be held via Zoom Thursday 6 August Tuesday 11 August Thursday 20 August Zoom link: us02web.zoom.us/j/83583038384 Meeting ID: 835 8303 8384 You will be admitted to a waiting room from where the host will let you in.
- Thursday 30 July, 15:31 : Online social tonight at 8:30pm. to be held via Zoom Zoom link: us02web.zoom.us/j/83583038384 Meeting ID: 835 8303 8384 You will be admitted to a waiting room from where the host will let you in.
- Wednesday 29 July, 18:44 : RT @CAMRA_London: The Aug/Sept London Drinker is exclusively online again at londondrinker.camra.org.uk with all the latest news plus in depth articles by @ChristineCryne on @ByTheHornsBrew @Thegoodnessbrew, the former Guinness Brewery at Park Royal, @BlackSheepBeer Progress and @FullersBeerCo 1845. pic.twitter.com/QnLE0Fsvlw
- Sunday 26 July, 11:07 : Next social: Thursday 30 July 8:30pm. Online social via Zoom Zoom link: us02web.zoom.us/j/83583038384 Meeting ID: 835 8303 8384 You will be admitted to a waiting room from where the host will let you in. Screen sharing will also be disabled upon entry. pic.twitter.com/BX2nSpm1dS
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 11:00 : Visit CAMRA Learn & Discover for part 2 of award-winning beer writer & broadcaster Emma Inch's audio series, 'What's in your glass?' @fermentradio Investigating the 4 key ingredients of beer, this instalment takes a closer look at malt! 🌾 Listen here 👉 ow.ly/9Jid50ATCAG pic.twitter.com/nlsRWcbd2S
- Saturday, 13:00 : Are you coming to the Virtual @gbbf, 11-13 Sept? 🎉 More than half the tickets sold out in 24 hours 😱 But you can still get your hands on the Beginners, Foreign and Real Ale in a Bottle tastings! Visit our website for more info 👉 virtual.gbbf.org.uk pic.twitter.com/nqmsiynhAz
- Friday, 17:00 : Learn how cider is made with CAMRA Learn & Discover 🍎 In part 1 of a series on cider, Gabe Cook – the Ciderologist – takes us on a short tour of the traditional cider–producing regions in the UK & profiles the fruit grown in each region. Check it out👉 ow.ly/HcQK50ATCfH pic.twitter.com/kvXiFonZrg
- Thursday, 16:38 : Do you have a question for @RogerProtzBeer? 🍻 Share them with @PubsPintsPeople for the chance to see them answered! ⬇️ twitter.com/PubsPintsPeopl…
- Thursday, 10:10 : RT @robthefoodie: bit.ly/GBBF2020 The Great British Beer Festival, which usually takes place this week at Olympia in London, goes virtual from 11-13 September 2020! #beer #realale #cider #realcider #GBBF #CAMRA pic.twitter.com/pAxzejyJSy
Webmaster: Steve Thompson ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew()