Welcome to the Croydon & Sutton Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
Beer of the Festival has been announced. Go to Beer Festival page for details.
We need your beer scores!
Please help us create a long list for the next Good Beer Guide by scoring the beers that you drink. http://www.camra.org.uk/nbss
- Branch Diary has been updated with February and March events.
Welcome to the website of Croydon & Sutton CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. CAMRA is the pub-goers' champion, we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Contributions to the website (articles, photos) always welcome - please send to ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew
CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. It aims to:
- Maintain consumer rights;
- Promote quality, choice and value for money;
- Support the public house as a focus of community life;
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture;
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry.
CAMRA also seeks to promote real cider and perry. Like ale, these are traditional British drinks and like ale, the traditional product is very different from the dead version.
Follow croydonCAMRA on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook C&S Facebook page (Facebook logon required).
Twitter / croydonCAMRA
- Thursday 20 February, 17:12 : RT @InsideCroydon: Purley Way brewery’s taproom offers a taste of things to come #Croydon @AnspachHobday @ukpubbitch @CroydonCAMRA @WhatsOnCroydon @RogerProtzBeer insidecroydon.com/2020/02/20/pur…
- Wednesday 19 February, 11:06 : RT @CAMRAbromley: Are you a branch member and would like to receive news about branch activities including events and beer festivals? We have provided a guide on how to update your communication preferences at the link below. bromley.camra.org.uk/wp-content/upl… pic.twitter.com/9c4EEi7Ok5
- Friday 14 February, 09:20 : RT @BeerGuideLondon: One week delay for opening of @AnspachHobday tap room in new Croydon brewery. Now Sat 7 March, 12 noon: twitter.com/AnspachHobday/…
- Wednesday 12 February, 20:42 : RT @CAMRAswl: @CAMRswl Pub of the Year result. 1st @TheRailwaySW16, 2nd @eaglealehouse 3rd @HandWimbledon. Congratulations to all connected with the pubs. pic.twitter.com/BCBVaMoctG
- Tuesday 11 February, 20:44 : RT @selcamra: @CroydonCAMRA @InsideCroydon @CrikeyCroydon twitter.com/AnspachHobday/…
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 12:00 : Don't forget to enter our #MyPubStory competition this weekend! 🍻 Tag a friend and comment below what you love best about your local pub using #MyPubStory 👇 for your chance to win a copy of @annastuartbooks' new book ‘Four Minutes to Save a Life’, AND a ‘Good Beer Guide 2020’! pic.twitter.com/YECcDmQzh4
- Friday, 17:01 : Happy #FunFactFriday! This one takes a literary turn - are you Hemingway fans? 📚 Join CAMRA today 👉 ow.ly/JLDA50rrTZy pic.twitter.com/4eAci5Irt9
- Friday, 12:00 : Are you heading down to the pub this week? Comment below 👇 with what you love most about your local pub, in order to win a copy of the ‘Good Beer Guide 2020’ AND @annastuartbooks' new book ‘Four Minutes to Save a Life’! 🍻 #MyPubStory Full T&Cs ➡️ ow.ly/Slz850yxFe0 pic.twitter.com/U1TtqnIFGO
- Thursday, 16:59 : #FourMinutesToSaveALife follows a delivery driver who realises that he's the only human contact some people on his round have all day – so he sets out to try and help them find friends in each other. We love how many pubs take it upon themselves to help others in this way too ❤️
- Thursday, 11:30 : Commenting on the release of the report “Unlocking Pubs’ Potential” by the All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group, please find the below comment from Nik Antona, CAMRA National Chairman ➡️ ow.ly/a99l50yxkAo Read more about the report on the @morningad 👇 twitter.com/morningad/stat… pic.twitter.com/VodrEEr8fs
Webmaster: Steve Thompson ku.gro.armac.nodyorc@retsambew()